Business Architecture Essentials
Business Architecture provides a strong foundation for initiatives that bring business-wide transformation, digitization and optimization. Given the inherent complexities designing great solutions that avoid duplication and sub-optimization is complex. With Business Architecture all of the moving parts can be classified, well understood and inter-connected before the transformation begins. Business Architecture subject areas are numerous. Information, Processes and Capabilities and other important domains are all tricky to define. Being able to find the interconnections among them is even more so. This session will introduce some of the critical elements needed. There will be some working sessions throughout the session.
- Stakeholder Value Definition
- Business Concepts / Information Model
- Business Processes Architecture / Value Streams
- Business Capabilities Map
- Business Measurement
- Change Prioritization
Enabling Business Agility: The Business Agility Manifesto
This session will introduce some key requirements to work towards true business agility. Borrowing from the ‘Business Agility Manifesto’ - co-authored by the session leader - it will describe what’s needed to thrive on uncertainty and to be able to reconfigure the business rapidly and effectively.
- Why Business Agility
- Attributes of business agility
- The critical role of a value delivery perspective and shared knowledge to enable confident and easy change
- How to use information, process, capability and other models to make fast design decisions
- Case study illustration of a multinational transformation
Seven Process Tools for Business Analysts 2018
Business process analysis and design should be a core competency for all business analysts and architects. It is a key component of the BABOK V3 required for BA certification. In this session, Roger Burlton, a pioneer in process management and the Author of the Business Process Manifesto, will introduce seven key techniques that will help BAs, Business Architects and Process Professionals to become better at what you do and to make it easier for your clients to understand what’s going on and participate easily. We guarantee that you will want to and will be able to use these over and over again. During this workshop, you will have the opportunity to apply these techniques using a simple case study.
- Stakeholder Exchanges, Expectations and Experiences
- Concept / Information Maps
- The Process IGOE Model
- Decision Structures
- Multiple Dimensions of Measurement
- Culture and Behavior Design
The Road to Business Agility (синхронный перевод)
This session will introduce some key requirements to establish true business agility. Borrowing from the recently published ‘Business Agility Manifesto’, co-authored by the session leader, it will describe what’s needed to thrive on uncertainty and to be able to reconfigure the business rapidly and effectively.
- Attributes of a business agility
- The critical role of business architecture and a shared knowledge base to enable confident and easy change
- How to use process and capability models to make fast design decisions
- Sustainability and the right amount of governance