How to Stop Worrying and Start Talking With your Customer
Case: finally you are entrusted to lead brand new and prospective project. You are preparing to bask in your glory and predicting quick promotion because you'll deal easily with this task. Nevertheless, the sooner is your first meeting with the customer, the bigger are your fears. What are you going to talk about? How should you impress the customer by seriousness and professionalism as well as become his fellow? And if the customer is thousands of miles away from you? Let's try to figure that out.
Here is what we'll talk about:
- Communications - types, approaches, basics
- Interview - how to get maximum of profit having minimum of time
- Remote communications - let's make it effective
- Stylistics - what should you keep in mind
Remote workers, offices and outsourcing
Good news, Everyone! We've got a big fat project! But look like we've got a problem here - all our onsite developers are 200% busy at other projects and our chief tells us to find executors as soon as possible. After rummaging in local market you realize that all "correct" people are already occupied and have no willing to change their job. What would be our plan - look for remote workers, open new development office in another city or outsource? Let's try to figure that out.
Here we'll talk about:
- selection, training (?) and motivation of all remote workers
- tips and tricks regarding remote office
- outsourcing - is it possible?
- real cases