Waterfall revisited: practical test manager dashboard
To manage you need to measure.
· what to measure when you manage functional testing?
· ‘Quality’? what constitutes it?
· What metrics are vital for you, Test Manager within test cycle: at start, in the middle, in the end?
To answer, a testing dashboard is described containing three related indicators.
· is inspired by “testing waterfall”: requirements analysis, test design, test execution, bug verification;
· makes the progress of testing visible;
· is independent of tools, applicable for different companies;
· gives a unified view: various test projects are tracked in the same manner
Examples are given of:
· alternate basic measurements under the metrics;
· the metrics structure;
· patterns of metrics trend during testing;
· extra indicators.